Online Casinos That Accept American Express Payments In 2023
Our experts have revealed some of the key advantages and disadvantages of using American Express cards for gambling at online casinos and have answered some general FAQs on American Express as a payment method.
Online Casinos That Accept AMEX Payments – September 2023
100% First Deposit Welcome Bonus Up To $1,000 Plus
- Generous $25 no-deposit casino bonus
- Unique MGM rewards program
- 24/7 customer support
- Over 1000+ casino games
Up To $1,000 For New Users + $20 Free Play
- Over 400 slot games to choose from
- $20 free play welcome bonus for new players
- Pay and cash out at the casino cage at MGM properties
- Earn points with MGM Rewards
100% Deposit Match Up To $500 For New Customers
- Trusted brand backed by Caesars Interactive Entertainment Inc
- Promotions for returning players, like giveaways and daily deals
- Access to Caesars Rewards loyalty program
- Accepts plenty of trusted payment methods
Introduction To American Express Casinos
American Express was founded in 1850 and introduced its first plastic card in October 1958. American Express is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and has grown into one of the most valuable companies in the world. It is the third most popular credit card provider in the US, behind Visa and Mastercard.
American Express casinos offers users a safe and straightforward gambling experience. Bettors can make both deposits and withdrawals using an American Express card. American Express stands out from its competitors by offering cardholders loyalty rewards through its point system and other unique benefits. Customers can spend their points in categories such as restaurants or travel.
American Express Pros And Cons
We have listed some of the positives and negatives of using American Express so that you can decide if it is a suitable payment method for you, depending on what you consider important when gambling.
- Offers rewards and benefits
- Secure transactions
- Fast deposits
- User-friendly mobile app
- Not available in most casinos
- Players may be subject to fees
American Express Pros:
- Offers rewards and benefits: American Express offers customers many special perks. Users can earn points simply by using their card and redeem these for fantastic rewards, including free hotels and flights.
- Secure transactions: American Express provides advanced fraud protection systems, including account monitoring and online safety protection, so users can spend online confidently. For example, American Express will send you a text message in order to authenticate any online purchases, including deposits made at online casinos.
- Fast deposits: When you deposit at an online casino using an American Express card, the funds will be available in the casino balance immediately, so you can start playing as soon as the deposit is placed.
- Convenience: Paying with an American Express credit card online is a convenient option compared to payment options that require players to top up their online casino account in person, such as PayNearMe and Casino Cage.
- User-friendly mobile app: American Express offers a user-friendly mobile app that customers can use to manage their card accounts on the go. The app provides users with all their information at their fingertips and allows them to control their spending. The app is free for download on iOS and Android devices.
Browse the “Promotions” sections of online casinos before choosing your payment option. Some promotions won’t allow players to deposit with Mastercard or other methods, so don’t miss out.
American Express Cons:
- Not available in most casinos: Although American Express is a popular credit card, it is only available as a payment option on some online casinos since it is a more expensive option for the casino site. Alternatives such as Mastercard and Visa are more widely accepted.
- Players may be subject to fees: Players may be subject to fees depending on their American Express card. Typically, American Express will apply a fee of around 2.7% for transactions.
How To Deposit At Casinos Using American Express?
Many online casinos allow players to sign up and deposit using an American Express card in minutes. Modern security measures will also protect all your transactions. Follow our step-by-step guide below to deposit and start playing.
Apply for an American Express card
American Express offers a range of cards that offer various rewards and benefits. Users can easily apply for an American Express credit card online in as little as 10 minutes. However, American Express will need evidence of a good credit history to approve you for a card.
Register at a top American Express casino
We have mentioned some top casinos accepting American Express on this page. Simply sign up to the casino of your choice, free of charge.
Select your deposit option
Head to the “Cashier” at the online casino and choose to deposit. Select American Express as the deposit option. You must then provide the card details to add this payment method to the casino account.
Deposit the amount you want
Input the amount of money you wish to deposit. Every online casino will have a minimum deposit amount specific to American Express. The minimum is usually $10 or $20.
Play online casino games!
Now that you have deposited, the funds should be available in the online casino account immediately. Players can now start playing their favorite casino games.
How To Withdraw From Casinos Using American Express?
For those who are lucky enough to have won some money while playing, you will want to withdraw the winnings. Discover how to complete a real money withdrawal with American Express in the steps outlined below.
1. Choose to withdraw
Return to the “Cashier” at the online casino and choose to withdraw from the menu.
2. Select American Express as your withdrawal method
If you used an American Express card to deposit, the online casino will likely automatically choose this as the preferred withdrawal option.
3. Enter how much you want to withdraw
Most American Express online casinos have withdrawal limits. Players usually need to withdraw $20 minimum. Ensure the withdrawal request meets the conditions of the specific online casino you are playing on.
4. Enjoy your winnings
Depending on the casino and bank, the winnings should be received within 1-5 days.
Best American Express Casino Bonuses
Casino bonuses are a great way to get something extra from a gambling experience. By depositing with an American Express card, players should be eligible for bonuses most casino sites offer. Some bonuses have payment method exemptions, but this is more common with e-wallets and cash deposits. You will need to watch out for terms and conditions like wagering requirements, minimum deposits, and maximum winnings.
Available American Express Casino Bonuses:
Read the terms and conditions at the online casino carefully. This will help to determine the value of the promotion and claim it properly.
American Express Alternatives
Visa and Mastercard are two other popular credit card providers offering a range of debit, credit, and prepaid cards. Both of these provide cards that are secure and easy to use. Visa also offers Fast Funds withdrawals, meaning users can receive their payments in as little as 1-2 days. Visa and Mastercard are more widely accepted than American Express.
You’ve probably heard of Visa – this popular payment platform is a widely used card method across the US. Thanks to its reliability and convenience, it’s available at most casinos.
As one of the most popular banking methods in the US, most online casinos support Mastercard deposits and withdrawals. Even though withdrawals tend to err on the slower side averaging 2-5 business days, Mastercard is efficient and secure.
This incredibly popular e-wallet is a fan favorite at US online casinos. PayPal is user-friendly and implements safety features to ensure the utmost security. Cashing out your winnings with PayPal is also super speedy, with most withdrawals taking around 48 hours to process.
Online banking is a widely popular electronic payment system worldwide offered by leading banking institutions. It enables clients to make various transactions without visiting a physical bank branch.
American Express is a very popular payment method in the US, allowing users to make online transactions quickly and safely. However, not all online casinos accept American Express cards due to the processing fees for merchants.
Nonetheless, American Express is a seamless payment method with extra benefits such as its points system and mobile app, which is user-friendly and provides customers with complete visibility of their spending. Consider your preferences when choosing where to gamble and what payment method to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out our expert-recommended American Express casinos on this page. Simply click the links on this page, sign up with these sites, and use American Express to deposit and claim welcome bonuses.
American Express is a secure and convenient payment option for online gambling. By using an American Express card, players are also likely to become eligible for bonuses – they will be able to deposit funds and begin playing immediately.
American Express provides total transparency and security to its customers. The company has top security measures, such as two-factor authentication text messages to confirm purchases. American Express monitors accounts and will contact the owner if suspicious transactions are spotted.
Due to bank processing times, you should receive any winnings in 1-5 days when withdrawing with American Express. There are other much faster withdrawal methods, but players can be sure all funds are safe with American Express.
Visa and Mastercard are two great payment options for a credit card alternative to American Express. Many casino bettors prefer using credit cards as they are secure, fast, and easy to use. Players can also opt for an e-wallet such as PayPal, which they can connect to a bank account or credit card and make payments by logging in to their e-wallet.